Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Day 1 of PURPOSE - It's not about You!

"The purpose of your life is far greater than your own personal fulfillment, your peace of mind, or even your happiness. It's far greater than your family, your career, or even your wildest dreams and ambitions. If you want to know why you were placed on this planet, you must begin with God." Rick Warren, America's most influential spiritual leader, empowers us to look outside ourselves to discover our reason for being.

Why do we exist? As I ponder this question, I am often puzzled at its difficulty. As a child, I had visions of a world where everything was possible. Where everyone got along and helped one another. And, perhaps, most important of all, where we all celebrated the gift of life, together. I learned early on, that life wasn't quite that simple, and business was an even bigger challenge. As I entered the business world, I was told that the business was difficult and at times, even ruthless. I had to learn 'To Swim with the Sharks', if I was going to survive. Does it have to be that way? what happened to my perfect world?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Day one of PURPOSE makes complete sense, becuase we wouldn't have any dreams, or ambitions if we didn't have a purpose in life.

Rory Cambra said...

Thanks for an awesome two days at our recent spring retreat. The connecting, collaberating and advancing of ideas was true to form. I appreciate the honesty that was displayed by iEvlolution Financial Partners regarding cases and the true state of the insurance world. Thanks Again.