Thursday, July 26, 2007

Failure Doesn't Suck

After 5,126 tries, Sir James Dyson finally got it right. Just imagine for a second, creating 5,127 prototypes of a Vacuum cleaner before you get it right. I wonder how many of us would have made it past the first 25. Today, Dyson builds the best-selling vacuum cleaner by revenue in the United States. "There were 5,126 failures. But I learned from each one." Dyson said in an intriguing Fast Company interview. "That's how I came up with a solution. So I don't mind failure. I've always thought that schoolchildren should be marked by the number of failures they've had. The child who tries strange things and experiences lots of failures to get there is probably more creative." Click here to read the full interview and tell us about something unique that you've tried to solve a problem.

No comments: