Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Hot Dog or Steak

As you can imagine, our message on 'The Entire Secret' is spreading into the collective consciousness beyond our core group. An individual who somehow got a hold of yesterday's iThought, emailed me to tell me that living in JOY is me living in a fantasy world. She said, "you make JOY seem like it is a choice between a hot dog and a steak, and I don't believe it’s that easy". I replied with appreciation and kind words for her obviously heartfelt inquiry, and said "Well if you did believe it was that easy, what choice you would make the hot dog or the steak?” She said, "Well obviously the steak, who wouldn't, what are you getting at?" I said, "Well, actually some people get more JOY eating hotdogs than steaks, its different for each person (implying in humor that joy is different for each person). What I am getting at is that if you did believe it was easy, you would have a choice. However, when we don't believe we have choices we default to whatever life gives us. As Henry Ford says "you either believe you can or you believe you can't, either way you're right." And in the Quantum world, Henry was dead on, because a belief is a thought we think over and over again, which in turn creates the reality that we wake up to in the mirror every morning. And if you're not aware of what those thoughts are, you wake up eating hot dogs. Her question leads us in synchronicity to the second part of last Fridays call, 'Transforming our limiting beliefs.’ Many people hold limiting beliefs that they don't have choices in life. They are also not consciously aware that they hold these beliefs. One way to start altering those beliefs is to be an observer of your own thoughts. Be an observer today and watch how often times your mind defaults to eating hotdogs. I don't like hotdogs and I was eating quite a few during this particular exercise.

Submit your questions for this Fridays call at 9PST on 'The Entire Secret' I will be answering some of your questions on the call.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree with you more Ted. When we are criticized, we have a choice...how will we respond. When we fail we have a choice... Do you get up? Life is full of choices and those that choose to be positive, to learn from mistakes etc... will have the most rewarding lives. I ate 4 hot dogs yesterday... can't microwave a steak!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Brian for the extra topping. Ted, yesterday you made me realize importance of being positive. I thought ‘I CAN’ but the external factors made me realized although I COULD but still I DID NOT. The “Synchrodestiny” as you call it, played its role but here I have a question –

When we have desires, we set our expectations and put all energies in that belief – I CAN (going by what Henry Ford said) but so much is dependant of external factors that I live in a state of constant fear and anxiety. The ‘limiting beliefs’ empower every thing else. The commitment is such that there is no scope for ‘will do better next time.’ How to liberate the mind from such situations?

Anonymous said...

I just get inspired everyday to help people see all the magic we see, but through their eyes.