Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Be Generative

After spending the last 10 years in the Financial Services business, I've observed that our clients and peers are constantly being bombarded with ideas to improve their financial situation, when we should be providing them with ideas of how to improve all areas of their lives. We spend all this time sending them updates on how the markets are doing, and I suspect that if that's what they were really interested in, they would have gotten into our business for themselves. In fact, the more I interact with people in the Financial Services arena, the more I realize that they're not interested in the markets or statistics either, they're more interested in living an enriching life. If the Sea is the divine life, why take the outlet to the Sea, when we can go directly to the source. We would be presumptuous to believe that our peers and clients still aren't asking that everlasting question, "What am I going to do with my Life?" We're never too old to come up with new answers and inspire new passion in the ones we care for most. Take a few moments and help your peers and clients discover their 'purpose in life' or what the Yogis call 'Dharma.'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My purpose in life is happiness. I think that everything else will fall into place as long as I am doing what makes me smile. If I can spread joy to those within my world, that will bring about a chain reaction of blissful results. Contentment is not a commodity.