Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Day 27 of PURPOSE – Never lose Faith!

If you had the opportunity to see the movie, Facing the Giants; I bet, you too were inspired by the power of faith. The story is about a high school football coach who, in his six years, never led his team to a winning season. When faced with seemingly insurmountable professional and personal crises, the idea of giving up has never come easier. It's only after an unexpected visitor challenges him to trust in the power of faith that he discovers the strength to persevere.

The defining moment in the movie came when the coach challenged his players to discuss 'The purpose of the team.' As expected, most felt that winning football games was the team's top priority; yet the coach challenged them to dig deeper. "It's not about You", he remarked, "You're playing for God." Thinking about our quest for purpose, I started to ponder the incredible power behind that statement - our day 1 of purpose. What would happen if each of us really shifted our perspective. How far can we go if we stopped thinking about closing that sale, and we started focusing on those we truly serve. Might our results change?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with today's iThought. Life, love, and business would completely change if we decided to look for our higher purpose, and who we "truly serve". "If each of us switched our perspective, the world would change.

Anonymous said...

It’s all about service. My purpose is to inspire my clients to a better life. Find your unique niche on service. Something that inspires or empowers your clients… And they will desire to do business with you. Mine is I give ‘homework’ to my clients. No homework, no appointment. Once we meet and start the process, I often see problems that are not financial, and sometimes my homework is not financial related. I’ve seen improved marriages, homework assignments from their teen age children, (a book report on “the Ultimate Gift”, which if it is an ‘A’ report I will buy it for $100, a ‘B’ $50, a ‘C’ $25. I have a folder of reports I have purchase, some are really good!), and other family activities I have assigned, empowering the parents to prepare the children. Bringing families closer together. I had a couple who were fighting about money in front of me, so I assigned the husband to take his wife away for a weekend at a Bed and Breakfast, and they had to read each night together a relationship book. At the next appointment they were holding hands, smiling, and had stopped fighting about money. I call clients the day before our appointment and ask “Is your homework done yet…” it empowers the client with knowledge, sets a high standard and value to an appointment that must be earned. I tell them, “after all, it’s your money, if your not going to take an interest in how it works, why would anyone else?” “If your last financial advisor, mortgage guy, realtor, CPA, had first empowered you with knowledge, what decisions would you have made differently?” And “knowledge is power” It’s fun to arrive at an appointment and have this adult beaming like a sixth grader proud and ready to turn in his homework assignment. I will get referral calls, and they will ask for their homework assignment to be done before their appointment. They have seen the confidence in their friend and his/her new found knowledge, and they desire what they see in him… they’re not calling me for a financial planning appointment, they are calling me because they want confidence in their future. This video will say more than I can here. Go to: http://www.stservicemovie.com/ Find your unique niche, and serve God by serving your client. Kevin Brunner

Anonymous said...

Every school and every business has a mission statement stating their goals and purpose. It is important for people and families to do the same. Defining one's purpose gives direction. If an action or decision is off-purpose, it shouldn't be done.

dissertation writing uk said...

I am glad to renew the subscription on your web server, a lot of useful and interesting information. Thank you.